An opportunity is available for a reliable and motivated multi skilled Personal Care Worker to join our team. This is a casual opportunity working approx. 40 hours per fortnight. Applicants must be available to work fully flexible shifts from Monday to Sunday.
MACS support individuals with a physical disability, primarily by providing mobile drop in support. Our PCA’s visit customers with in a defined geographical area on a planned or on-call basis and assist with daily living activities. A typical shift involves: a lot of driving (vehicle provided), assistance with showering, transferring / hoisting, dressing, medication assistance, meal prep and personal hygiene.
Day staff – A combination of early morning and day work – often split shifts
Night staff – must be available to work between the hours of approx. 5.30pm – midnight
Overnight staff – must be available to actively work between the hours of approx. 8.30pm – 6am
MACS can offer you:
- The ability to salary package – meaning you pay less tax and increase your take-home pay
- Free access to our Employee Assistance Program.
- Full training, plus learning and development opportunities throughout the course of your employment
- Free street parking
To be suitable for this role, you must possess:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- An empathetic, compassionate nature and a customer-focused approach
- The ability to prioritise your workload safely and efficiently
- An unrestricted driver’s license
- The ability to pass a criminal history check
- A first aid certificate or ability to obtain within 3 months of employment
- Delivering quality care and support to our customers in a home environment
- Ensuring the holistic needs of our customers are met in accordance with their needs and agreement with the service
- Contributing to reporting, accreditation and legislative compliance by completing all documentation and reporting incidents
For confidential enquiries, please phone Lauren Puccini on (07) 3857 0333 or email your resume to email@example.com or submit an expression of interest to join our team by using the enquiry form on our contact page.