Donate to MACS
Your generous donation can help MACS continue to deliver services to, and support people with, physical disabilities in ways that regular government funding often does not. All donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.
Join our team
We’re often looking to grow our team by recruiting new Personal Care Attendants (PCAs). Our PCAs assist people with physical disabilities by providing mobile drop-in support. They visit customers who live within a defined geographical location on a planned or call-in basis to assist with daily living activities.
A typical shift involves:
- Significant driving (vehicle provided),
- assistance with showering,
- transferring or hoisting,
- medication assistance,
- meal prep, and
- many other small tasks.
Benefits of working with us:
- Make a real difference in the lives of people with physical disabilities.
- Enjoy flexible hours – including both weekday and weekend work, day, evening and overnight shifts.
- Receive a component of your salary tax free (salary packaging options)
- Access our Employee Assistance Program – confidential support and advice any time.
- Get valuable in-house training.
- Gain membership with the Paraplegic Benefit Fund.
MACS is an equal opportunity employer, and we actively recruit a diverse workforce. We value staff from all cultural backgrounds.
Submit an Expression of Interest in future opportunities with the MACS team by using the enquiry form on our Contact page.
Become a Member
MACS membership is open to everyone – people with a disability, family members, friends, supporters. Everyone is welcome!
Membership for someone with a disability is $10 per year. All other membership is $15 per year.
50% of MACS’ Management Committee is always composed of people with lived experience of disability.
Volunteer With Us
Did you know that just a few hours of volunteer work can boost your mood and increase your happiness?
Volunteering with MACS is a great way to get involved in the community, make a difference to the lives of people with disabilities and their families and have loads of fun.
You can also gain valuable work experience and increase your career opportunities. Contact us to find out more about volunteering opportunities.