We are happy to announce another week has passed with all essential services continuing to operate normally. More details are in our lucky seventh COVID-19 update attached below:
Covid19-customer-update-290420 (pdf, 211KB)
Whilst the MACS Community continue to be safe and the Government is looking to gradually relax some restrictions, we will remain vigilant for some time yet. Here’s a reminder of some of the measures we have in place to protect you and each other.
You can expect MACS staff to:
- Wash their hands thoroughly with soap upon arrival and when leaving your home or the MACS office.
- At the start and end of a shift staff disinfect equipment, including phones and vehicles.
- Use hand sanitiser in between customers as necessary throughout shifts.
- Wear a glove when fuelling up vehicles.
- Practice social distancing in the office and where possible in the field.
- Not present to work with cold or flu symptoms. Staff are removed from rosters until symptom free for at least 48 hours.
The Government COVIDsafe app has been installed on all shift phones.
The app is free to download. It is voluntary and something you can do to protect yourself, your family, friends and others.
The more people that connect to the app, the quicker the virus can be found, reducing the chances of you passing on the virus to others.
Further information about COVIDsafe is available here and you can get the app from the links below:
Netflix Documentary: Crip Camp
Netflix recently released a great documentary called Crip Camp – it is refreshingly honest, a great story of triumph and a significant part of history, with a few good laughs too.
The trailer is below:
Previous COVID-19 (Coronavirus) updates and announcements are available at:
Until next time, as always, keep washing those hands!